Weight loss herbs are frequently underestimated. However, they are very good for the purpose and the best about them is that they are all natural. So, if you want to lose weight, consider trying these 5 best herbs for weight loss:
- Green tea. Green tea is the champion among weight loss herbs. It’s the unfermented kind of black tea. The catechins contained in it help to get rid of fat because they decrease appetite and speed metabolism.
- Cayenne pepper. Cayenne pepper is used to treat ulcers and other gastrointestinal conditions but because it increases body heat and helps to burn more calories, it is also useful for weight loss. However, since this is a strong herb, consult your doctor before you start using it.
- Seaweed. Seaweed is rich in Alginate – a fiber that prevents the body from absorbing more than a quarter of the fat you consume. You can use it standalone or add it to other products, such as bread or cooked meals.
- Dandelion. The pretty daisy is a great ally in your battle to lose weight. It’s especially useful, if you have problems with water retention (during menopause, for example) because it’s a diuretic. However, unlike other diuretics, it doesn’t throw away vital nutrients. If you have gallbladder or liver problems, you shouldn’t use it though because it can lead to numerous complications.
- Ginger. Ginger stimulates digestion and some preliminary studies show it could help for losing weight. Still, ginger isn’t as powerful as green tea or cayenne pepper but this is not a reason not to try it.
Herbs and other plants can help a lot for weight loss. After all, there are so many weight loss pills that use herbs as a basis. However, if you plan to include herbs in your weight loss diet, you should consult your doctor first because there are herbs that can hurt you and you wouldn’t like this to happen, would you?