There are hundreds, if not thousands, of job boards but most of them simply recycle ads from other sites. This is why you need to know which sites deserve to spend your time on them. Here are the Top 10 sites for job search:
- Indeed. Indeed is one of the largest and most reputable sites for job ads in almost any profession and location. If you are actively searching for a job, this is a site to check three or more times a day.
- Monster. Monster is another huge job board. Sometimes the ads on Indeed and Monster overlap but there are also exclusive ads here, so it is also a must check on a daily basis.
- SimplyHired. SimplyHired is also a big job board and for some job searchers this is the preferred place. If you are actively searching for a job, check this site daily.
- LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a business social network but it quickly grew into a place where you can find work. Unlike the other sites that are dedicated job boards, here it is best if you are active socially and make a good impression because this can land you many lucrative job opportunities even before they hit the job boards.
- Craigslist. Craigslist isn’t a dedicated job board but it has a lot of ads in its Jobs section. Craigslist is especially valuable for local jobs, so it won’t hurt to check it regularly.
- Job. This site has the most job-related name but it isn’t as good as Indeed or Monster. Still, occasionally you can find ads that are exclusive here, so don’t forget to check it.
- HotJobs. The jobs at HotJobs are not always hot but it is also a good site for job search, so you can include it on your list of sites to check daily.
- Usa.gov. This is the site of the US government. It’s not only for jobs but if you are looking for government jobs in the USA and abroad, make sure to check it. There are many jobs and the locations vary – from small towns, to huge metro areas, to worldwide jobs. However, the most distinguishing feature is that salaries are listed, which is very different from the vague “DOE” (Depends On Experience) or “To Be Negotiated”.
- CareerBuilder. CareerBuilder is one of the oldest job sites but newcomers managed to overtake it. Still, it is not dead and it makes sense to check it as well.
- Dice. If you are looking for jobs in technology and engineering, Dice is the place. Many tech jobs are advertised only there, so if you are a techie looking for a job, this is the Number 1 site to check many times a day.
It can take you a lot of time to check all the good job boards. When you add applying for the job and going for interviews, job search becomes a fulltime occupation. But if you are still in employees group and you prefer to work for somebody else, this is inevitable. The best you can do is concentrate on the good sites only because this will save you lots of time.