When you launch a site, you probably think mainly about the content you will put there. However, if you don’t want your site to turn into a time and money consuming beast with no return on the investment, you also need to think how to make money from it. Here are the Top 5 ways to make money with a site:
- Run PPC ads. PPC (Pay Per Click) is the most cost effective way to monetize a site, though the earnings aren’t as high as with affiliate offers or direct sales but since it takes times less effort than CPA and direct sales, it is the low hanging fruit of site monetization. If you join one or more of the Top 5 PPC networks, you could make some money even with a small site but don’t dream this will make you rich.
- Sell affiliate products. The earning potential of affiliate sales is very high but it is also a very time consuming affair. The best CPA networks do offer great products for sale in almost any niche but you still need to spend a lot of time searching for suitable offers, watch which of them convert and which don’t and heavily promote your site in order to drive lots of traffic to it.
- Find direct advertisers. This is another very time consuming way to make money from a site but it could also be the most rewarding. When you find direct advertisers, who are interested in advertising on your site, you could sell your inventory for more money than you would make with CPC and CPA but finding direct advertisers and negotiations with them take really a lot of time.
- Sell your own products/services. If you have your own products or have services for sale, this is another alternative to make money from your site. However, creating your own product is much more difficult than selling affiliate products. As for services, if you don’t have skills that are in demand, you in fact have nothing to sell.
- Run CPM ads. Finally, banners that pay per impression, or the so called CPM ads, are one more way to make money from your site. It is true that the money you can make with CPM is next to nothing but still better than to leave your space empty. With the present industry CPM rates, you need huge traffic in order to make money with CPM but if your traffic is mainly from US, Canada, or Europe, you do stand a chance to make some money with it.
Making money from a site isn’t easy because there is a lot of competition and the state of the economy certainly affects online earnings as well. Still, if you use any or a combination of the money making ways in this article, you might see some revenue from your site.