A site without traffic is no use. You can have great content, run the best PPC ads, or promote the top CPA offers but nevertheless you won’t be able to make money with this site. There are many free and paid ways to drive traffic to your site and here are the best 5 of them:
- SEO. SEO is the best known way to drive traffic to a site. When you optimize your onpage content and build backlinks, this makes your site rank well with search engines and as a result you get targeted traffic.
- PPC. Unlike SEO, PPC isn’t free but when you factor the amount of time and effort required to achieve good rankings with search engines and the uncertainty if ever you will be able to rank well, this paid opportunity becomes your better option.
- Social media. Traffic from social media is not as targeted as traffic from search engines or PPC but it’s also good traffic. However, in order to get good traffic from social sites, you need to have many followers there and be active, which also takes lots of time.
- Guest posts. Guest posts on top blogs also drive traffic. Additionally, when the backlinks in them are dofollow, this helps with search engine rankings as well.
- Links from other niche sites. Links from other reputable sites in the same niche also bring direct traffic, as well as boost your SEO rankings. What’s important here is that these links come from top sites, otherwise your rankings might suffer.
SEO and PPC are the best ways to drive traffic to a site. The other methods also work and by no means they are inferior. You just need to try them all and see which ones work best for you.